Here is a delicious, low cost, and healthy supper for 4 people. Very quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for making the day before or freezing as the flavours develop and become much deeper. Enjoy!
2 large celery sticks and 1 large onion roughly chopped
1 Large Pork Fillet, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1" pieces
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 or 2 fresh chillies (depending on how hot you like) finely sliced
1 pack of jamon serrano offcuts
1 chicken stock cube dissolved in half a litre of boiling water
1 teasp Cumin
1 teasp Cinnamon
1 teasp Turmeric
1 large courgette chopped into half inch cube
500g jar cooked chick peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Bunch of coriander, chopped
Bunch of mint, chopped
1) Brown the onion and celery in some olive oil in a medium sized pan.
2) Add the pork and brown.
3) Add the garlic and chilli and saute for 2 minutes. Then stir in the powdered spices.
4) Add the stock and salt and black pepper to taste, stirring well.
5) Cover and simmer for half an hour stirring occasionally. Add a small amount of more water if it is going dry.
6) Add the chick peas and the courgette and cook for a last 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the liquid it needs to have the consistency it has in the photo...not too dry but not too wet. If it is too wet leave the pan open so that it reduces.
7) Take the pan off the heat and stir in the coriander and mint and taste for seasoning. Add more if necessary.
8) Leave to rest covered for 20 minutes before serving.
Kaveh our client from last November brought another great group of Swedish guys on a golfing holiday to Marbella. Staying in Rio Real. We cooked for them for 3 nights....first a Barbecue, then a Paella and finally a Spanish Buffet. The food went down very well. Looking forward to cooking for them the next time they come out this October.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!