Turkey breast is one of the most versatile and economical meats you can buy. Here is a really delicious and easy recipe that all of the family can enjoy. You can make this dish with chicken breast escalopes as well.
Serves 4 people
Olive oil for frying
Chopped coriander for garnish
500g turkey breast escalopes
For the Marinade
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1) Mix all of the marinade ingredients together well in a bowl.
2) Place the turkey escalopes onto a large plate and pour the marinade over.
3) Coat each escalope really well with the marinade on both sides.
4) Cover the plate with cling film and allow to stand for 2 hours.
5) In a large frying pan heat some more olive oil over a high heat. Once it is very hot add the turkey escalopes to the pan draining off the excess marinade before you add each one. Keep the excess marinade to one side.
6) Brown each side of the turkey breasts and then turn the heat down to continue cooking slowly for about 2 minutes on both sides.
7) Arrange the escalopes on a warm serving plate and keep warm.
8) Pour the left over marinade into the frying pan and bring up to the boil.
9) Pour it over the warm escalopes and sprinkle with coriander.
10) Serve immediately with your own choice of vegetables.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!