A really delicious pork fillet recipe that is so quick and easy to make.
1 pork fillet approximately 650g in weight, fully trimmed
Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon dried garlic (fresh will burn)
1 tablespoon Extra Virgen olive oil
2 tablespoons Extra Virgen olive oil
1 beef stock cube dissolved in 50ml hot water
Cornflour (if necessary)
Ground black pepper and salt to taste
1) Coarsely grind plenty of black pepper on to a large plate. Sprinkle the salt evenly over the pepper and repeat with the dried garlic. Then drizzle the olive over these ingredients evenly.
2) Roll the fillet really well into this mixture, making sure that the marinade is pressed into the flesh and even all over.
3) Allow to stand for an hour covered in cling film.
4) Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan (that has a lid) over a high heat and add the fillet. Brown on all sides.
5) Put the lid on the pan, turn the heat down to low, and cook for a further 15 minutes, turning the fillet over half way through that time. If you like the meat well done cook for 20 minutes.
6) Remove the fillet from the pan and put on to a serving plate. Keep warm in your oven at 70ºC while you make the sauce.
8) Return the pan to a high heat, add the brandy to deglaze the juices and flambé. Add the cream and the beef stock.
9) If the sauce needs to be thickened slightly add half a teaspoon of cornflour mixed with a very small amount of water and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low and add more coarsely ground black pepper. Check for salt and add more if necessary.
10) Bring the pork fillet out of the oven and slice into medallions diagonally on a chopping board. Arrange slices on the serving plate with the sauce poured over. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs. Serve with vegetables of your choice.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!
PERSONAL CHEFS MARBELLA
October 2020 - March 31st 2021
20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE CAVA
Click here for details