There is something really satisfying about attacking a pile of these yummies using your fingers. Tucking into the delicious, crunchy, spiced flesh all the way to the bones. Cave man instinct maybe!! You can buy chicken wings bagged and frozen, or fresh. When we buy a whole chicken we take the wings off and freeze them before we use it. After buying 4 chickens over a period of time we have a meal tucked away in your freezer for a later date.
8 fat chicken wings, skinned and cut in half at the joint
50g plain flour
1 teaspoon cumin
1teaspoon hot chilli powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
For the dipping sauce
Just mix all of these ingredients together and your sauce is ready
4 tablespoons tomato frito/passata
Juice of half a lemon
1 teaspoon of hot chilli powder (reduce this is you don't like it hot)
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
Pinch of salt
1) Mix well together the flour, spices and seasoning.
2) Roll the chicken wings in this mixture until they are well coated.
3) Heat approximately 1/2 centimetre of olive oil in a large frying pan on high. Add the chicken wings and brown evenly all over. Turning them regularily for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to med/low and continue cooking and turning for another 10 minutes.
4) Remove from pan and put on to a warm serving plate lined with kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil.
5) Remove the paper from underneath the chicken wings and rearrange on the plate. Garnish with salad and put the dipping sauce on the side. Serve with your choice of potato.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!