Turkey breast is one of the most versatile and economical meats you can buy. Here is a really delicious and easy recipe that all of the family can enjoy. You can make this dish with chicken breast escalopes as well.
Serves 4 people
Olive oil for frying
Chopped coriander for garnish
500g turkey breast escalopes
For the Marinade
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 large clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1) Mix all of the marinade ingredients together well in a bowl.
2) Place the turkey escalopes onto a large plate and pour the marinade over.
3) Coat each escalope really well with the marinade on both sides.
4) Cover the plate with cling film and allow to stand for 2 hours.
5) In a large frying pan heat some more olive oil over a high heat. Once it is very hot add the turkey escalopes to the pan draining off the excess marinade before you add each one. Keep the excess marinade to one side.
6) Brown each side of the turkey breasts and then turn the heat down to continue cooking slowly for about 2 minutes on both sides.
7) Arrange the escalopes on a warm serving plate and keep warm.
8) Pour the left over marinade into the frying pan and bring up to the boil.
9) Pour it over the warm escalopes and sprinkle with coriander.
10) Serve immediately with your own choice of vegetables.
Here is a delicious, low cost, and healthy supper for 4 people. Very quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for making the day before or freezing as the flavours develop and become much deeper. Enjoy!
2 large celery sticks and 1 large onion roughly chopped
1 Large Pork Fillet, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1" pieces
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 or 2 fresh chillies (depending on how hot you like) finely sliced
1 pack of jamon serrano offcuts
1 chicken stock cube dissolved in half a litre of boiling water
1 teasp Cumin
1 teasp Cinnamon
1 teasp Turmeric
1 large courgette chopped into half inch cube
500g jar cooked chick peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Bunch of coriander, chopped
Bunch of mint, chopped
1) Brown the onion and celery in some olive oil in a medium sized pan.
2) Add the pork and brown.
3) Add the garlic and chilli and saute for 2 minutes. Then stir in the powdered spices.
4) Add the stock and salt and black pepper to taste, stirring well.
5) Cover and simmer for half an hour stirring occasionally. Add a small amount of more water if it is going dry.
6) Add the chick peas and the courgette and cook for a last 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the liquid it needs to have the consistency it has in the photo...not too dry but not too wet. If it is too wet leave the pan open so that it reduces.
7) Take the pan off the heat and stir in the coriander and mint and taste for seasoning. Add more if necessary.
8) Leave to rest covered for 20 minutes before serving.
Kaveh our client from last November brought another great group of Swedish guys on a golfing holiday to Marbella. Staying in Rio Real. We cooked for them for 3 nights....first a Barbecue, then a Paella and finally a Spanish Buffet. The food went down very well. Looking forward to cooking for them the next time they come out this October.
Jo (first pic lhs in black) celebrated her birthday in style and planned a whole weekend of events for her 27 friends ....most of them staying at the lovely Villa Siempre Domingo in Marbesa. On the Saturday we served mixed tapas from 2pm joined by our cheeky butler Marcus who served drinks. Entertained by Frankie B and James the Saxophonist and later a disco. At 6pm we served our famous Barbecue followed by Eton Mess and Chocolate Cheesecake. The whole day (and the whole weekend) was a great success and the girls were delighted with their food
Joanne and James and a big crowd of friends and relatives from Liverpool celebrated their 50th birthdays all together at Villa El Palacete in Benahavis. They tucked into tapas followed by our famous Barbecue and finished with a big chocolate Birthday Cake. There was even a vegan cake for some of the guests. A great night was had by all.
Raquel asked us to cook a Paella for her family who were from both Northern Spain and Germany. They were staying at the lovely Villa Del Mar in San Pedro for the Christmas and New Year period. We also did some food buffet food deliveries over this period. A lovely family who were very happy with our service.
Mixed Tapas, Paella Mixta, Veggie Paella, Tiramisu and Chocolate Cheesecake for lunch.
Guacamole, Tomato Salsa, Nachos, Grated Cheese, Huevos Diablos, Spicy Prawns, Chicken Fajitas, Soft Tortillas, Vegetable Chili with Mexican Rice. Chocolate Tres Leche Cake
Channy (Head of Talent and People at Flexciton) asked us to cook lunch and dinner for her group of 16 people. They were staying at the lovely Benamara Villas 17 right on the beach overlooking the Mediterranean. They chose our famous Paella Menu for lunch and a Mexican Feast for Dinner. A great group to cook for and both meals went down really well.
Martin and Kaveh were the organisers of their group trip of 18 friends from Stockholm. Staying at the lovely Villa "Siempre Domingo". We cooked for them for the 3 nights of their stay....first night a Barbecue, second night Paella and the third a Spanish Buffet. The boys were very happy with their food and we look forward to seeing them again when they come to Marbella next year.
We cooked our famous Barbecue for Lewis's Stag Party, with his two brothers and friends, on the roof terrace of a great villa in Calahonda. Brother Benn was the organiser. They started with Tapas followed by barbecued meats and prawns. They made a special request for Jerk chicken which was a great success....so we will include this in our menu in future. Finishing off with desserts. A great group of guy's who really enjoyed their food.
Aisha (middle pic white blouse) asked us to provide a special brunch for 7 friends from Washington DC. The menu consisted of Pancakes and Syrup, French Toast, Sausages, Quiche Lorraine, Smoked Salmon, Hash Browns, Tomato and Avocado Salad, Bucks Fizz and Fruit Juices. Finishing off with a Seafood Paella and Goats Cheese and Chorizo Bruschettas. The food went down a treat.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!
PERSONAL CHEFS MARBELLA
October 2020 - March 31st 2021
20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE CAVA
Click here for details