We have been experimenting with pizza dough recipes for years....and have finally come up with a great one. It needs to be proved in the fridge for at least 3 days, and produces a pizza that is very similar to the ones we ate on holiday in Naples. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.
Serves 4 people
500g Strong Bread Flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
300ml water at room temperature
Pizza toppings of your choice
1) Put the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the water and mix well with your hands just until the ingredients come together.
3) Cover the bowl with cling film and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4) Knead the dough well for 10 minutes.
5) Make into a ball and place into a container with a tight fitting lid. (We use a Tupperware type.) The dough will rise so make sure the container is big enough to allow for this.
6) Put into the fridge for at least 3 days...4 if possible.
7) After that time remove from fridge and portion into 4 balls. As there are only 2 of us we usually wrap 2 balls in cling film and freeze them for another meal.
8) Cover the balls with cling film until you want to use them.
9) Preheat the oven to its hottest setting. We always use a pizza stone (which needs to go into the oven when you turn it on) and a peel but you can use a baking sheet instead.
10) Roll the dough ball out into a round measuring about 25cm/10 inches. Place on the well floured peel. Crimp up the edge of the pizza and top with your favourite ingredients.
11) We made 2 types.... a) Spread over 1 heaped tablespoon tomato frito/ passata. Cover with 4 sliced mushrooms, arrange 6 slices of chorizo evenly, followed by a sprinkling of capers. Cut a buffalo mozzarella into slices and arrange half of it evenly over the other ingredients. Finish off with a sprinkling of chilli flakes and another of mixed herbs. Finally a drizzle of olive oil
12) The other topping .....b) was bolognaise. We had some left over sauce from the tagliatelli dish we made a few days ago. Simply spread about 100g of the sauce over the pizza base, top with 4 sliced mushrooms....then finish off with the sliced buffalo mozzarella that was left from the other pizza and a drizzle of olive oil.
13) Slide the pizza on to your oven stone or put the baking sheet into the very hot oven. It will take between 5 to 10 minutes to bake. It is faster on a pizza stone so keep your eye on it. We do our pizzas one at a time, as you get a better result. Once cooked slide onto a plate, cut into portions and tuck in.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!
PERSONAL CHEFS MARBELLA
October 2020 - March 31st 2021
20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE CAVA
Click here for details