This is a great lock down back up dish using frozen (thawed) turkey legs. It's real comfort food and makes a cheap, tasty and very easy supper dish.
Serves 2 people
2 turkey legs, skinned
Small amount of olive oil for frying
1 medium onion, cut into big dice
2 medium carrots, cut into big dice
1 large stick celery, cut into big dice
1 small red pepper, cut into large dice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 fresh chilli (optional), chopped
1 x 410g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp Herb de Provence
Half a bottle of red wine
Salt and Ground Black Pepper
1) Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a high heat.
2) Add the onion, carrots, celery and red pepper and sauté stirring continuously for 2 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium/low.
3) Add the garlic and chilli and continue stirring until all of the vegetables are translucent.
4) Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs and red wine and bring up to the boil seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
5) Pour this sauce into a medium sized baking tin.
6) Arrange the turkey legs on top of the sauce and cover with more grindings of black pepper.
7) Cover the baking tin with foil and seal really well as you need to keep as much moisture in the tin as possible during cooking.
8) Place in a preheated oven at 175ºC for 1 hour 30 minutes. Checking after an hour to make sure there is enough liquid in the sauce. If not add some water.
9) When the time is up remove from the oven. Spoon some of the sauce onto 2 warm plates and place the turkey legs on top. Garnish with chopped fresh mint. Serve the rest of the sauce separately. We ate this with creamy mashed potatoes and it was gorgeous.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!