Don't you sometimes just fancy a tasty veggie pasta dish for supper? This recipe is fabulously easy and quick to make and really goes down a treat. To make it vegan just substitute breadcrumbs for the Parmesan.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small sweet potato (about 200g), peeled and cut into half inch dice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
salt and ground black pepper to taste
200ml vegetable stock
100g frozen chopped spinach
50g frozen peas
10 green olives stuffed with red pepper, sliced
140g dried penne pasta
A handful of Parmesan or breadcrumbs to finish
1) Using a large frying pan (that has a lid) heat the oil over a high heat. Add the chopped onion and sweet potato saute for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Add the garlic and chilli, turn the heat down to med/low and continue stirring all of the ingredients for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4) Add the vegetable stock, turn up the heat and bring back to the boil.
5) Put the lid on the pan and turn down the heat so that the sauce is simmering slowly. Cook for 15 minutes.
6) Then add the spinach, peas and olives and simmer for a further 10 minutes with the lid on.
7) In the meantime bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the dried pasta. Cook for whatever time the cooking instructions recommend.
7) Drain off the pasta and pour it into an ovenproof casserole dish. Pour in the sauce and mix everything together well. Check for seasoning.
8) Sprinkle the top of the pasta with either the parmesan or breadcrumbs.
9) Put onto the middle shelf of a preheated oven at 220ºC.
10) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it, until the top is golden brown.
11) Serve and enjoy!
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!
PERSONAL CHEFS MARBELLA
October 2020 - March 31st 2021
20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE CAVA
Click here for details