Another really tasty recipe that can be produced with very little hassle. We guarantee that all who try will love it.
1 med/large pork fillet about 650g, trimmed
A mixture of olive oil and butter for frying
4 medium mushrooms wiped well with kitchen paper and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons brandy
150ml white wine
150ml double cream
1/2 chicken stock cube, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon french mustard
1 level teaspoon tarragon
A little salt and ground black pepper to taste
Chopped parsley to garnish
1) Put the pork fillet on to a chopping board and cut into 1 inch medallions. Beat each medallion out into thin escalopes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Heat the oil and butter over a high heat in a large frying pan and sauté the escalopes for about 2 minutes on each side. Take the pan off the heat and arrange the escalopes on a serving plate keeping warm.
3) Put the frying pan back on to a high heat, add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Pour in the brandy and flambé.
4) Add the white wine, cream and mustard. Then add the crumbled stock cube and the tarragon. Turn the heat down to low and stir well. Check the sauce for seasoning and add more if required.
5) Pour the sauce over the escalopes and garnish with the parsley
6) We served this with our favourite quickie "Smashed Potato" (in the picture). Put a large potato, that has been pricked all over, into the microwave. Cook on high for around 8 minutes until soft. Put it into a small ovenproof serving dish and mash well with a fork adding a little seasoning. Top with small knobs of butter and a little grated Parmesan. Place under a hot grill till golden brown. Serve with the Zurich Schnitzel.
Pam and David Lynn want to share with you in their blog... all the interesting and exciting things that go on in their Personal Chefs Marbella world. Welcome!
PERSONAL CHEFS MARBELLA
October 2020 - March 31st 2021
20% DISCOUNT PLUS FREE CAVA
Click here for details